Thursday 6 November 2014

Snowman Mug Rug Hats and Mittens

What a difference a pair of mitts can make
This summer I was asked if I would do another Christmas pattern and article for the Online Quilting Magazine .  I love this magazine - it's full of useful information - so naturally I jumped at the chance.  And just to make my article a little different from last year, I focused on alternative uses for mug rug patterns.

It was whilst creating the projects for the article that I came up with some little additions to my Snowman Mug Rug – hats and mittens. 
All three snowmen are the same - it is just their attire that has changed.
Now you can dress up your snowman in top hat and mitts .....

..... or bobble hat and mitts .....
Buttons in place of bobbles - time-saving!

One pattern - many different looks.  The alternative headwear and mittens are included with the Snowman Mug Rug pattern when purchased through my Etsy Store.

Until next time .....

4 comments:

  1. What fun it will be to play "paper dolls" with these snowmen on a snowy day. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this?! We can mix and match their snowman "outfits" ! I would love to make them into ornaments for a tree, too! Thanks for the delightful pattern!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Great idea to add new details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More adorableness from you, easy and clever. Of course!

    ReplyDelete