Wednesday 9 August 2017

Bee Happy Union Jack Flag Block


Lori Holt has kicked of the preparations for the Bee Happy sew-along with a great tutorial for the flag and pinwheel blocks (you can find it here).

The flag is a lovely Americana flag - which I love - but I want my Bee Happy quilt to reflect me, so it needs a Union Jack flag.  Not a square Union Jack like my patchwork blocks .....   
Union Jack Quilt Blocks and Table Runner

 ........ but a rectangle 'Bee Happy' Union Jack.  So I've created a paper-pieced Union Jack block that will fit perfectly - 10” x 8” to be exact (finished size).....
.... and I thought I would share it with you   


The pattern doesn’t include how to paper-piece so if you are new to paper-piecing check out Carol Doak's website for some helpful guidance).

If you want to join in the fun you can find all the details by clicking on the button below.

Until next time ......

No comments:

Post a Comment